Guidelines for Part-Time Course
The Energy Commission, under the Electricity Supply Act 1990 and Electricity Regulations 1994, has continuously accredited institutions as centres for training and competency examinations in related categories on a part-time basis.
Part-time courses and examination on competency are able to provide opportunity to private candidates who work in the related areas to increase knowledge, self advancement and career development. Through this course, candidates can follow theoretical and practical aspect of education systematically and systematic at a more flexible time before sitting for the competency examination
Implementation of the course and examination on competency
Private candidates who are working in related fields and interested to improve their self development and career can apply the competency course and examination for Wireman, Chargeman and Cable Jointer through these accredited institutions.
All matters related to the course and training, examination on competency and certification, course payment, fee or examination fee would be handled by the institutions.
The course and training are conducted on Saturday and Sunday or in the evening class on weekdays.
Click here for list of accredited institutions.
- Basic qualification for each competency course and examination:
- A Malaysian citizen;
- Wireman - 18 years old and above;
- Chargeman - 20 years old and above; and
- Cable Jointer -20 years old and above.
- Education qualifications:
- Completed Form 5 for candidates who does not possess certificate of competency for Wireman, Chargeman or Cable Jointer;
- Completed Form 3 for Chargeman (restricted) to sit for the Chargeman (open) examination; and
- Candidates who possess certificates of competency for Chargeman, Wireman or Cable Jointer do not have to submit education qualifications.
- Able to speak and write in Bahasa Malaysia.
- Possess technical qualifications or working experience based on the course applied.
Chargeman B0 (11kV)
Chargeman B1 (11 kV)
Chargeman B4 (11kV)
Low Voltage Overhead Line Module (80 hours)
Low Voltage Synchronising Generator Module (80 Hours)
High Voltage Overhead Line Module (80 hours)
High Voltage Synchronising Generator Module (80 Hours)
Module of low voltage overhead line and low voltage synchronising generator can be used or adapted to qualify candidates to sit for any open chargeman examination as private candidates conducted by Energy Commission or to join any full time / part-time chargeman course conducted by an accredited institution based on Electrical Safety Circulars No. 01/2013 dated 22th Feruary 2013.
Module of high voltage overhead line and high voltage synchronising generator can be used or adapted to qualify candidates to sit for any open chargeman examination as private candidates conducted by Energy Commission or to join any full time / part-time chargeman course conducted by an accredited institution based on Electrical Safety Circulars No. 01/2013 dated 22th Feruary 2013.