Procedures for Application of Competency Examination for Certified Chargeman
Applicants for the above examination should fill up form ST(PE)1 Pin. 4/2007 and submit the completed form to the Regional Office
Requirement for Competency Examination for Certified Chargeman
(Regulation 49, Electricity Regulations 1994 and its amendments)
- A Malaysian citizen.
- Age not less than 20 years.
- Minimum educational qualification - completed Form Five.
- Possess not less than 3 years working experience in an environment involving operation of electrical equipment and has experience in controlling live equipment.
- Able to speak and write in Bahasa Malaysia
- Understand usage of various types of equipment which may be under his charge and has sufficient knowledge to fix and operate without danger.
- Posses sufficient knowledge of first aid, resuscitation and treatment of electrical shock.
- Posses sufficient knowledge of the Electricity Supply Act 1990 and its regulations.
Examination Procedure for Certified Chargeman Competency
- Examination level
Note :Candidates are required to pass all the examination level as above in order to be Certified Chargeman Competency
2. Approval to repeat the examination
- Candidates who failed in the examination (practical and/or oral) will be allowed to repeat the examination within two (2) years.
- Example of examination repeats:
|2||L||L||G||Repeat oral only|
|3||L||G||TB||Repeat practical and oral|
L : Pass, G: Fail, TB : Not related
- Flow Chart for Certified Chargeman Competency Examination
- Category for Chargeman
- Fee for Competency Examination for Chargeman