Ballasts for Fluorescent Lamps
Energy Efficiency Criteria For Material And Electrical Equipment To Qualify For Energy Efficiency Incentives
To further promote the efficient use of energy in the country, fiscal incentives have been introduced by the government for efficient electrical equipment and insulation material. To assist in determining the appropriate equipment and material to qualify for the incentives, the performance criteria and the necessary testing standards to determine the performance have to be determined. Such testing standards and performance criteria have been set for the following items:-
Performance Indicator and Testing Standard
- Watt loss (W)
- Testing standard for conventional ballasts: MS 141: Part 2 :1993
- Testing standard for electronic ballasts: MS IEC 929 :1995
Criteria for Incentives
- Electronic ballasts and conventional ballasts with loss not exceeding 6W for 18/20W and 36/40W lamps approved by the Energy Commission.
- Product should comply with Product Listing Certification issued by SIRIM QAS International Sdn. Bhd. for quality guarantees.
- Performance testing is to be done by SIRIM or any laboratory recognised by Standard Malaysia